Also, the Christmas lover in me needs to freak out for a second: 2 WEEKS TIL CHRISTMAS!!! Okay fine, technically it’s the 23rd in two weeks…but Stefan and I are having our own Christmas celebration on the Friday night, and I can’t wait for the festivities to begin!
I planned on having a blog post go up last week, but the photos weren’t even close to salvageable. The picture above is one of the few that I kind of liked. Worth a shot! Now that my show is over and I have some free time back, I have some fun bloggy ideas floating around in my brain to bring to life. While I plan out some of these blog posts, I thought I’d share a few of the things that have been happening lately and also share a few of my favourite things.
- I got FREAKING ENGAGED. WHAT?!?! On November 19th, Stefan succeeded in surprising me for the first time ever. I am the hardest person on the planet to surprise…I am a super sleuth and figure everything out. Not this time! He totally caught me off guard and it was the best night ever. We’re planning on getting married in 2018, so in the meantime I’m excited to just be engaged to my best friend!
- My show ended last weekend and it actually feels pretty good to have some free time back. I caught a nasty cold last week and COMPLETELY. LOST. MY. VOICE. I had to give up all of my lines to the other girls in the show and lip sync for the final 3 performances. Devastating, and so not the way I wanted to end our run! Shout out to whiskey for getting me (and all of us) through that final show. I miss my cast dearly, but can’t wait to enjoy the Christmas season and come back fresh for Kiss Me Kate rehearsals in January!
- A few weeks ago, I shared some of the products I picked up at the Sephora VIB sale. Now that I’ve had time to try them out, one item has risen above the rest as my go-to favourite. The Fresh Soy Face Cleanser is UNREAL. It smells amazing, it makes my face feel amazing…it is all around AMAZING. The moderately hefty price tag is totally worth it in my books. Have you tried it? Do you agree that its worth the hype?
- I’m not done my Christmas shopping and it is stressing me the fuuuuuuuuu out. I’m usually done my shopping by the beginning of December, so this is verrrry unlike me. Does anyone have any stocking stuffer ideas? Asking for a friend… On a positive note, I’ve been taking advantage of some great sales and have spent way less money this year than I have in the past! (please note that J Crew has awesome deals on right now and is making my life soooo much easier!)
- On that note, does anyone else feel like Christmas appeared out of nowhere? Maybe it was my show or maybe work makes time fly by, but I feel like in recent years the holiday season has blown right by me. I’m determined to enjoy every last second in the 2 weeks leading up to Christmas! I have a list of movies I need to watch before Christmas (The Grinch, Love Actually, Christmas Vacation, White Christmas…in that order) and still need to bake some Christmas cookies. Please note that we HAD plans to bake some delicious cookies for the blog, but that plan got nixed when Stefan decided to pop the question. I suppoooose I’ll let that one distraction slide… 🙂
- My mom lent me this book and it was the best thing I’ve read in a while. A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara is beautiful and heart wrenching and I’d recommend it to everyone. Be warned, it is a bit disturbing at times, but the story is incredible and I got so invested in the characters.
- While we’re on the topic of entertainment, I’m obsessed with the podcast My Favorite Murder. True crime lovers of the world unite! Karen Kilgariff & Georgia Hardstark talk about all things murder while being hilarious and going off on tangents. There are 40-something episodes at this point, and I’m almost caught up…I can’t get enough! I’ve caught myself laughing out loud in public, so like maybe be careful when listening at work.